Carrot And Zucchini Quiche Recipe
The outcome of the carrot zucchini quiche recipe is a tasty
snack, a good main meal when paired up with a soup or another light dish and a
dessert. But it is also a great dish to prepare in advance to take for a shared
lunch or a pot luck dinner. It would also have a good place on a breakfast
In short this quiche is very versatile. One thing is sure
the recipe is a keeper and the quiche never lasts long.
Zucchini quiche recipes
Serves 3 adults or 6 children
Prepare for the filling:
- 300g of zucchini (1 large or 2 small) shredded
- 300g of carrot finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil (or half a cup of fresh basil)
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt
- 50g of cheese (Edam, Cheddar) grated
- 80g of feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, medium sized and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml (1/4 cup) of cream
- Rolling pin
- Rolling board
- Grater/Kitchen processor
- Baking tray
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Step by step directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- First choose the base for the quiche, prepare it and line
the butter greased and floured pie dish with the dough. Form a ball with the
base dough and roll it into a round shape with a rolling pin. Check regularly
that the dough does not stick to the surface. If the dough tends to stick it is
best to dust the working surface with flour. Once the dough has been pressed
into the form perforate the base with a fork to prevent air pockets from
- Cut the eighty grams of feta cheese into small cubes and
spread them evenly over the base.
- Finely dice the onion and the two cloves of garlic. Spread
them evenly on top of the feta cheese.
- Wash the zucchini and cut both ends. Use a kitchen processor
or a grating board to shred the zucchini into a bowl.
- Scrape or peel and wash the carrots. With the kitchen
processor or with the grating board finely grate the carrots. Add them to the
- Blend the mix with one teaspoon of dried basil, half a
teaspoon of black pepper and half a teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt.
- Grate fifty grams of cheese and fold it under the mix.
- When all of the vegetables are mixed well with the spices
and cheese, distribute them evenly on top of the onion dices.
- Crack the three eggs into a bowl and beat them lightly with the sixty
millilitres of cream. Pour the egg mix evenly on top of the filling and place
the zucchini quiche into the pre-heated oven. Baking time is about 50 minutes
at 180C° plus 10 minutes resting time in a switched off oven. It is best to
check whether the top gets too brown after forty minutes and if it is too brown take a piece of foil with the
shiny side in to cover it.
Check in after you have tried the zucchini quiche recipe and
let us know how you got on.
The newest quiche recipes:
Skip to more ...