Cauliflower Quiche Recipe
mild flavor of this cauliflower quiche recipe is spiced up with the flavors of curry,
ginger and nutmeg.
This quiche tastes best when made with a fresh head of cauliflower. Spice up this recipe with your own additions and serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
The cauliflower quiche recipe ingredient list
For the crust:
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of kefir or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 28cm spring form
- Rolling pin
Step by step:
- Fill one cup of spelt flour into a bowl, then add the tablespoon
of softened butter with half a teaspoon of salt, four tablespoons of kefir or yogurt and
one tablespoon of honey.
- Knead all of the ingredients together until they form a smooth
- Once the dough is smooth and no longer sticky use a
rolling pin to roll out the dough into an even round shape. Transfer the rolled out dough
into a greased spring form pan that is twenty eight centimeters in diameter.
- Form about a 2 centimeter high border and set it aside to rest.
Preheat the oven to 190 C°. Convert!
Topping for the cauliflower quiche recipe:
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 100ml of milk
- 100ml of cream
- 1 cup of grated cheese
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Method to form the topping:
- Wash the cauliflower and cut the florets into even pieces. Free
the stem of its tough outer skin and cut it into pieces too. Spin dry the
- Heat the two table spoons of butter on low heat, so that the
butter does not burn.
- Peel and dice the onion and the garlic to fry while stirring into the
- Stir under the cauliflower florets
- Season the cauliflower, onion and garlic mix with one
teaspoon of curry, half a teaspoon of ground ginger, nutmeg and black pepper, one
teaspoon of salt and paprika. Toss together and let it simmer for five minutes with a closed
lid on the lowest heat.
- Break three eggs into a separate bowl and lightly beat them
with a fork.
- Then add the one hundred milliliters of milk and the one hundred milliliters of cream and
beat the eggs under.
- Fold the cheese under.
- Spread the cauliflower mix evenly into the dough lined spring form. Lastly pour the egg mix over the top. Make sure to spread the
mix evenly otherwise the cheese is going to pile up in one corner.
Let the cauliflower quiche bake on the middle shelf of the oven for
40-50 minutes at 190C°. Convert!
A salad complements
a quiche well. For more serving inspiration visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
We love feedback, please post your thoughts about the cauliflower quiche recipe at your return.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.