Carrot And Pumpkin Quiche Recipe With Goat Feta
The pumpkin quiche is a delicious recipe out of the oven during autumn. Great for every day, to fill a lunchbox or to bring to a party.
The pumpkin quiche is a delectable oven recipe during autumn.
A quiche tastes great hot or cold, which makes their use exceptionally flexible.
Serve the quiche hot as a main dish with a fresh salad aside. Quiche is easy to prepare and lets you shine on a shared lunch. Kids love to take a piece in the school lunch box. It is always the right time to eat a slice of quiche.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Pumpkin Quiche Recipe
The pumpkin quiche is a popular oven recipe during autumn with a shortbread crust. A versatile recipe that is great for the main dish, to fill a lunch box or to bring to a party.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 3 cups of flour, wheat
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt, Himalayan crystal salt
- 1/2 cup of water, room temperature
- 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, grated (alternatively: Edam cheese)
- 2 onions, yellow, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or diced
- 800g of pumpkin, shredded (butternut or buttercup)
- 600g of carrots, shredded
- 5 eggs whisked
- Spices: pepper, salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 80g of goat feta
Step by step:
- Into a kneading bowl, measure three cups of flour, add one egg, one tablespoon of olive oil, one egg, one teaspoon of baking powder, one teaspoon of salt, and half a cup of water.
- Knead all ingredients until a smooth ball of dough is achieved.
- Line a 9-inch by a 13-inch baking pan with baking paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough and press into the pan. Use a fork to prick the base.
- Preheat the oven to 180C°.
- Collect in a large bowl the grated cheddar, the two finely diced onions, and garlic.
- Wash the winter squash and cut in slices, take out the seeds and stringy parts, then peel, shred and add to the bowl.
- Wash and clean the carrots before shredding and adding to the bowl. Mix all vegetables and cheese well.
- Crack the four eggs into a separate smaller bowl and whisk until foam bubbles appear.
- Pour the whisked eggs into the vegetable mix spice with nutmeg, pepper, and salt. Fold eggs and spices well under the shredded vegetable mix.
- Drain the goat-feta and spread the feta cheese crumbled evenly on top of the quiche base.
- Distribute the pumpkin mix evenly on top of the quiche base and feta.
It’s time to bake the pumpkin quiche for 50 minutes at 180C°.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.