Carrot And Zucchini - Crustless Quiche Recipe
A mixture between an omelette and a cake is a crustless
quiche. This one is made with shredded carrots and zucchini and also has a nice
intense yellowy colour and a mild herbal taste which is supported by the use of
Quiche’s are a great addition to any school lunch box or picnic,
and can make using up vegetables fun.
Crustless carrot zucchini quiche recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g of carrots, shredded
- 200g of zucchinis, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil or half a cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon of white pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup of flour (spelt)
- 60g of feta cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of finely grated cheese
- ½ cup of cream
Step by step method:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Wash and grate the carrots and zucchinis.
- Peel and dice or grate one onion.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan on low to
- Sauté the finely diced or grated onion until it is translucent.
- Add the grated carrots and let it heat through before stirring
the grated zucchinis under.
- Season the onion, carrot and zucchini mix with one teaspoon
of dried basil, half a teaspoon of white pepper and half a teaspoon of Himalayan
salt. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the flour on top and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- Grease the quiche form or 12 muffin forms with a bit of oil
or butter and dust with flour.
- Break the three eggs
into a bowl and whisk lightly, mix the grated cheese and half a cup of cream
- Pour the eggs, cream and cheese batter into the cooled down
vegetables and mix.
- Spread half of the blend into the muffin forms or quiche
form then distribute the feta cubes and cover with the second half of the
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180C°.
Serve warm or cold.
We thrive on feedback. Therefore please use the FB comment plug-in
or send us a note. Do you have any crustless quiche combination,
share it here!
The newest quiche recipes:
Skip to more ...