Carrot And Zucchini - Crustless Quiche Recipe
A mixture between an omelette and a cake is a crustless quiche. This one is made with shredded carrots and zucchini and also has a nice intense yellowy color and a mild herbal taste which is supported by the use of basil.
Quiche’s are a great addition to any school lunch box or picnic, and can make using up vegetables fun.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Crustless Quiche Recipe With Carrot And Zucchini
The crustless quiche is a cross breed between an omelette and a cake with a mix of shredded carrot, zucchini and basil.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g of carrots, shredded
- 200g of zucchinis, shredded
- 1 tsp of dried basil or half a cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp of white pepper
- ½ tsp of Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup of flour (spelt)
- 60g of feta cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of finely grated cheese
- ½ cup of cream
Step by step:
- Wash and use a hand-grater to grate the carrots and zucchinis.
- Peel and dice or grate one onion.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan on low to
- Sauté the finely diced or grated onion until it is translucent.
- Add the grated carrots and let it heat through before stirring
the grated zucchinis under.
- Season the onion, carrot and zucchini mix with one teaspoon
of dried basil, half a teaspoon of white pepper and half a teaspoon of Himalayan
salt. Turn off the heat.
- Spread the flour on top and mix.
- Preheat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- Grease the quiche form or 12 holed muffin pan with a bit of oil
or butter and dust with flour.
- Break the three eggs
into a bowl and whisk lightly, mix the grated cheese and half a cup of cream
- Pour the eggs, cream and cheese batter into the cooled down
vegetables and mix.
- Spread half of the blend into the muffin forms or quiche
form then distribute the feta cubes and cover with the second half of the
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes and the muffins for 25 minutes at 180C°.
Serve warm or cold.
We thrive on feedback. Therefore please leave your thoughts and experience in word and picture.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow an image link to learn about the ingredients:
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.