Birthday Chocolate Cake Recipe
This birthday chocolate cake recipe takes a fair amount of
time to cool and rest after completion, so that the flavour can fully develop. It is however an easy chocolate cake recipe to put together. After having this cake for my birthday this year I do believe I have found a new favourite birthday cake.
Kids will achieve a fantastic
result if they hold back their impatience long enough in order to complete the cake. to make the preparation of this cake smoother i like to prepare the cake and the filling in the late afternoon, then I place both into the fridge and finish the cake the next morning before chilling it again in the fridge. When the afternoon comes around it will be perfect and you can indulge on this creamy chocolate cake. Cooled straight out of the fridge the chocolate cream tastes like delicious chocolate ice cream. In short
a very special treat.
The handling and cutting of the baked cake was easy. The texture is airy
but firm keeping its form even after it has cooled down. Cutting the two layers
was a breeze. Handling and spreading the cream was done without difficulty. All
in all a satisfying experience.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Uspage.
Skip here to comment, review, share your experience with the recipe, your successes with the recipe, or even your favorite recipe.
Birthday Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cake ingredients:
- 6 eggs separated into egg whites and egg yolks
- 160g of brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of baking chocolate powder
- 200g of spelt flour
- 200g of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 0.5L of cream
- 100g of dark baking chocolate
- 25g of dark chocolate with 70% or more cocoa solids
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
To drip and sprinkle:
- 1 -2 juiced oranges
- Extra grated dark bitter-sweet chocolate, white chocolate for decorating
Cake form 22 cm (makes a high cake that is going to be cut into two layers),
the cake form can be larger, about 24cm or 26cm in diameter.
Steps to make the birthday chocolate cake:
Preheat your oven to 170C°. Convert!
Take a glass or a cup to separate the egg. This serves two purposes.
- When breaking the egg and the egg yolk accidentally mixes with the egg white you don't loose the eggs you have already skillfully separated into your bowl.
- You can determine whether the egg is still good for consumption.
- Separate the six eggs. Put all of the egg whites into a clean and dry
glass bowl. Place the egg yolks into a second mixing bowl.
- To the egg yolks add six tablespoons of water and 160g of
- Use your hand mixer to first mix the egg whites until stiff
and white peaks form.
- You don’t need to clean the mixing blades if you mix the egg
yolks after the egg whites. Mix the yolks, the water and the sugar until almost white.
- Blend the cocoa powder and the spelt flour under well, then follow with the almond flour, the teaspoon of baking powder and the pinch of salt.
- Lastly take a spoon and fold the stiffened egg whites under the cake batter thoroughly and pour it into a baking paper lined baking form.
Place immediately into the 170C° preheated oven and set the timer for 60
minutes. After this poke the cake with a toothpick. If it comes out clean then the cake
is done. Take it out and set it aside to cool. When the cake has cooled down leave it in the
fridge over night.
Chocolate cream filling step by step:
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a small saucepan.
- Add small lots of cream to the melted chocolate while
- At the end add the half a teaspoon of vanilla essence and stir.
Heat the mixture while stirring until it is well combined.
- Take off the heat, when cooled down cool in fridge for 4-6 hours
Finishing touches to the birthday chocolate cake recipe:
- Take the chocolate, cream and cake out of the fridge.
- Use two cuts to get three layers out of the cake. Put each layer on
a separate plate.
- Use the juice of one or two oranges and sprinkle the layers generously
with the orange juice.
- Use a hand mixer and whip the chilled chocolate cream until peaks
- Cover the bottom layer of the chocolate cake with chocolate
cream and top it with the middle layer.
the second layer with chocolate cream as well and top it with the last layer.
- When all three layers are staked on one another, take a spatula or a knife and spread the cream all around the
outside. Sprinkle the top and the sides with grated chocolate. Place into the fridge for 6 hours or longer so that the flavor can develop.
I hope you do enjoy this birthday chocolate cake recipe leave us a comment what you think about. For more inspiration visit us at Pinterest.
Often it gives the impression that birthdays and holidays are perfect excuses for unhealthy food. Loaded with sugars and fats with food-coloring and other additives these foods are usually called a treat.
Do you have birthday cake recipe that tastes and looks good in a healthier way?
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.