Chocolate Almond Macaroon Recipe
This almond macaroon recipe is one of my Grandmother's German Christmas cookie recipes.
Much loved by the whole family the cookie recipe has proven to consistently please all, especially those who favour light cookies with a melting sensation on the tongue. The cookies regularly leave everyone craving for more.
This macaroon is my personal all-time favourite Christmas cookie.
It is an easy recipe that even kids can handle well.
Time: 15 min preparation 12-15 min baking
Serves: About 20 macaroons (1 tray)
Utensils: Bowl, tray, baking paper, grater, hand-mixer or kitchen machine, oven
Ingredient List For The Chocolate Almond Macaroon:
- 5 egg whites separated
- 2 1/2 cups of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of sugar (fine)
- 100g grated baking chocolate
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla sugar to roll in
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Step by step method:
the oven to 170C°.
Line the oven tray with baking paper.
The macaroon mix
should be made and baked without any resting.
- Finely grate 100g of baking chocolate.
Add 2.5 cups of
Mix the two ingredients with the 1/2 cup of fine sugar.
- Separate five egg whites in a separate bowl and use the mixer to whisk them at high
- Fold the dry ingredients in intervals under the stiff egg
- With the help of two spoons make small heaps with the
them in the vanilla sugar and place them
onto the tray.
for 12-15 minutes at 170C°.
- Let the macaroons cool down completely before placing
them in an airtight container.
back and tell us how you got on with the macaroon recipe.
Do you have a favourite Christmas cookie you would like the world to know about? Build a page for the cookie.