Broccoli Soup Recipe
Less Is More
This broccoli soup recipe is easy to master for kids learning to cook but the result is definitely a vegetable soup to be proud of. Involving kids into fun cooking activities encourages them to be more open and try new things especially when they laid hands on themselves.
It is ideal to quench a small hunger, as an appetizer or to go with a quiche recipe. If you don't find raw broccoli appealing then this version may surprise you.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Broccoli soup recipe ingredient list:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic squashed
- 750g of broccoli
- Spices to taste: salt and pepper
- 500ml of water
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable stock powder
- 1/2 cup of cream
Step by step instructions:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Choose a soup pot and heat the olive oil!
- Peel and dice the onions and the garlic then fry them in the oil until translucent.
- Wash the the broccoli heads thoroughly, split the broccoli buds and take of the hard skin of the stem and cut into pieces. Add them to the onions and let it cook for three minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the water and the stock powder. Stir and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take the soup off the heat and it let cool down for ten minutes.
- Lastly pour in the cream and use a hand blender to puree the soup.
Taste to see if more seasoning is needed.
Ready to serve!
We love hearing about your cooking successes with this soup recipe. To share a recipe and build a soup recipe page click here. Load up, up to 4 images to document the cooking process and instructions and get comments on your soup creation.
For more soup ideas visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.