Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Celebrate A Sweet Herbal Flavor
This sweet potato soup recipe is easy for kids to make as well. The result is definitely a vegetable soup that surprises. The subtle flavor of the rosemary and the maple syrup gives the creamy soup a herbal quality.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Orange sweet potato soup recipe ingredient list:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 medium sized onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic squashed
- 750g of orange sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
- Spices to taste: salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary or two twigs of rosemary
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
Step by step instructions:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Choose a soup pot and heat the butter!
- Peel and dice the onions and the garlic then fry them in the butter until translucent.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Then cut them into cubes and add them to the onions.
- Sprinkle in two teaspoons of dried rosemary or two twigs of fresh rosemary. Season
with salt and pepper and pour in the vegetable stock. Stir and let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes become soft.
- Take the soup off the heat and it let cool down for ten minutes.
- If you cooked the soup with twigs of rosemary take them out!
- Pour in the half a cup of cream and the three tablespoons of maple syrup. Use a hand blender to purée the soup.
Taste to see if more seasoning is needed and whether the soup has the right consistency for you.
We love hearing about your cooking successes so please remember to drop us a note of how you liked the rosemary maple syrup seasoning in this sweet potato soup recipe. For more ideas on soups please visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.