Easy Potato Salad Recipe
This easy potato salad recipe is perfect as an accompaniment to BBQ's, any baked fish, fried sausages, chicken or steak.
This recipe has become so versatile with new variations mirroring the creators’ creativity and is a common find at family gatherings. A simple yet treasured dish that the whole family is bound to enjoy.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe:
The potato salad recipe has become so versatile, with new variations mirroring the creators’ creativity. And it is a common find at family gatherings and BBQs. A simple yet valued dish that the whole family is bound to enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Rest time: 20 minutes
- 12 small potatoes, 3 potatoes per person
- 6 cherry tomatoes, to garnish
- 1/2 cup of water, hot
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 bunch of dill
Tip: If the potatoes are too hot, when sliced and stirred into the dressing, they get quite mushy. Therefore let them cool down for 30 minutes or more. On the other hand they are more difficult to peel when cooled down completely.
Step by step:
- Steam the whole washed potatoes in your steam pot for about 25
minutes. Check that they are done with the tip of a knife.
- In the mean time boil a half a cup of water into a dressing shaker and dissolve the
vegetable stock powder in the water.
- Add the finely diced
onion, let them soak for some time (it takes the edge of their
sharpness when they are raw).
- Add the three tablespoons of olive oil, pepper
and salt to taste, potatoes absorb quite a bit of both.
- Then add the three
tablespoons of vinegar and paprika.
- Lastly, add the chopped dill and mix the dressing.
- Peel the hand-warm potatoes and slice them thinly and collect them in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced potatoes and toss with salad servers.
- Let the salad sit for twenty minutes for the flavors to develop fully.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and serve!
Come back to share your potato salad recipe successes!
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow an image link to learn about the ingredients:
Spicing alternatives we like at times when we do not have dill are a combination of a
pinch of curry with ground caraway and some fresh parsley. For decoration boiled eggs cut in half go well.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.