Couscous Tabouli Recipe
The tabouli recipe is a salad with flavors that harmonize well. Also known as tabbouleh, this recipe has its origin in North Africa. Often bulgur is used instead of couscous.
Since long this summer salad has become popular in many other parts of the world.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Couscous salad tabouli recipe
The incorporation of summer in the form of a salad. The mint and lemon
pronounce this particularly. The summer salad is easy to prepare every
kid could do it and it is a fabulous addition to any BBQ.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hr 15 min
- 1/2 cup of couscous
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, red, small, diced
- 1 clove garlic, squashed
- 1/2 cup of water, hot
- 3 cups of parsley, Italian, or curled, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, zest, and juice
- 1/2 cup of mint, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, small and seedless, or Lebanese cucumbers
- 12 tomatoes, small
Tip: The tabouli salad tasted even
better the following day.
Step by step:
- Mix the couscous, olive oil, the diced onion, squashed garlic,
hot water, lemon zest and juice in a salad bowl. Cover the content and let the mix rest for an
- Finely chop the washed and spin dried parsley and mint. Add both herbs to the couscous mix.
- With knives cut the two seedless cucumbers into cubes and add too.
- The 12 tomatoes are cut into 6ths and folded under.
Ready to serve!
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow an image link to learn about the ingredients:
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.