Carrot Bread Recipe
This sweet carrot bread recipe is best eaten warm out of the
oven with some butter and a trickle of honey. The carrot bread is great as a
snack, for breakfast or in the lunchbox, for a shared school lunch or a pot
If you are a fan of fermented dough and sugar free recipes
check out this carrot bread.
Makes: 1 loaf (22cm/13cm) of bread or 12 muffins.
The muffins have the perfect size to fit into the school lunch box.
- 1 and ½ cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups of spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg, ground
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of raisins
by step instructions:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Wash, scrape and grate the carrots.
- Line a loaf form with baking paper. Alternatively grease it
with butter and dust it with flour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- In a small pot melt the half cup of butter and the half cup
of honey on low heat.
- Crack the two eggs into a mixing bowl and beat them lightly
with a fork. Mix under the melted butter and honey with one teaspoon of vanilla
and the grated carrots.
- Measure the one and a half cups of spelt flour and fold it
under as well as the tablespoon of baking powder, the one and a half teaspoons
of ground cinnamon, the half teaspoon of ground nutmeg and the half teaspoon of
fine Himalayan crystal salt.
- When all of the ingredients are combined add the half cup of
chopped walnuts and the half cup of raisins. Mix and fill the batter into the
loaf form or into 12 muffin cups.
Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes at 180C°. After fifty
minutes do the toothpick test. If the toothpick comes out clean then the bread
has finished baking. 30 to 40 minutes baking time is sufficient should you decide on baking carrot muffins.
Let the bread cool down for half an hour before serving otherwise
it will be too soft to cut.
After trying the carrot bread recipe please come back and
let us know how you got on with it.
If you decide to make this recipe into muffins you will achieve the
perfect sized snack for the lunchbox.
New bread recipes:
Skip to more ...
Homemade Bread Recipes
Carrot Bread Recipe