Carrot Salad With Fresh Turmeric Root And Curry Leaves
This carrot salad makes for a delicious side dish. The salad brings ingredients together that are often present in Indian curries. Including fresh turmeric root, green chilies, and curry leaves and combines them with finely grated carrots, celery, and an apple. The salad dressing consists of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Despite its simplicity, it adds.
The result is a sweetish fruity salad that intensifies its flavors when it is prepared and hour to one day in advance.
It quickly became one of our favored salads during the winter months when the tomatoes are scarce and watery, the cucumbers are expensive and just imported many over-prized capsicums are available on the market.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Carrot salad recipe
This carrot salad unites flavors from popular curry dishes such as fresh turmeric root, green chilies, and curry leaves. A bright and colorful appearance in the salad bowl is the outcome. Their taste is sweet to hot.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 400g carrots, finely grated
- 2 chilies, green, medium hot
- 1 thumb-sized piece of turmeric root, finely grated
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion, small, finely diced
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- ½ tsp Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 apple, large and crunchy, diced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Step by step:
- Clean the carrots. With a hand grater or a kitchen-machine finely grate the carrots. Put them into a salad bowl.
- Wash and de-seed two green medium-hot chilies. Finely dice them before adding them to the carrots.
- Peel and finely grate the fresh turmeric root into the bowl.
- Measure four tablespoons of olive oil and stir under.
- Wash and thinly slice with a knife the celery sticks before you mix them under.
- Wash the curry leaves, take them off the sprig, and thinly slice them before tossing them under.
- Add Himalayan crystal salt to taste.
- Before adding the crunchy apple to the salad bowl, wash, and decor it and dice the fruit into pieces.
- Measure two tablespoons of red wine vinegar and mix everything well.
- The flavors develop more intense with time. It is a good idea to prepare the salad and let it rest before serving for an hour in the fridge.
- Keep leftovers for the next day.
Please remember we love feedback. Please return to leave your thoughts in words and pictures.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow the icons to learn more about the ingredients and their use in other recipes
|Red wine vinegar
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.