Easy Carrot Salad Recipe With Celery
The carrot salad recipe is a versatile side dish. The combination of carrot and celery is aromatic and strengthened by the parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon. The ingredients make a fresh and flavorful dish that is light but filling. The finer, you grate it, the juicier and more aromatic the salad becomes.
If preparing the salad in advance, choose the coarser grate, it will preserve the texture better.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Carrot Salad Recipe With Celery And Parsley
The carrot salad is a versatile side dish. The combination of carrot and celery is aromatic and strengthened by the parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 500g carrots, medium grated
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced or squashed
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
Step by step:
- Wash and peel the carrots. Grate the carrots using a hand grater or a kitchen machine. Fill the grated carrot into a salad bowl.
- Wash the celery stalk, if non-organic soak the stalk for ten minutes in lukewarm water with a squirt of vinegar. Then slice it thinly and add to the bowl.
- Measure four tablespoons of olive oil to the salad and toss together.
- Peel and dice one small onion and one clove of garlic. Use a garlic press to squash the garlic. Put them into the bowl as well.
- Wash the parsley thoroughly. The curled parsley often holds soil in its leaves. Afterward, spin-dry the parsley, chop and put it to the salad.
- Season with salt, pepper, and four tablespoons of lemon juice. Toss it with salad servers.
Ready to serve!
How did you like the salad? We love feedback so please come back and let us know how you got on.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
You might like a color statement
The kids printed t-shirt is a powerful affirmation to eat your colors regularly. It is a modern and abstract approach to the concept of good eating habits.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.
Easy salad recipe you might like
The tabouli recipe also known as tabbouleh recipe has its origin in North Africa but became since long a popular summer salad in many other parts of the world.
The tomato and mozzarella salad recipe makes a stylish appetizer when arranged in an alternating layer around a plate. Ideal with ripe tomatoes.
The tomato and avocado salad makes an eye-catching appetizer when arranged in an alternating overlapping layer around a plate. Ideal during summer with flavorful tomatoes.
The cucumber and tomato salad recipe uses fresh dill. The combined flavors are a feast for your taste buds in summer when all ingredients reach their full potential.