Homemade Potato Salad Recipe With Eggs And Parsley
A homemade potato salad recipe is a fantastic side dish for any grilled meat or fish. Easily prepared in advance, it also makes a great choice to take for a shared meal or pot luck gathering.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Homemade Potato Salad Recipe:
The potato salad is easy to prepare and easy to adjust for any size of a crowd. If prepared in advance the flavors intensify.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Rest time: 20 minutes
- 12 small potatoes, 3 potatoes per person
- 4 eggs, boiled hard
- 1/2 cup of water, hot
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp of curry
- 1 tsp of caraway
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 bunch of parsley
Tip: If the potatoes are too hot, when sliced and stirred into the dressing, they get quite mushy. Therefore let them cool down for 30 minutes or more. On the other hand they are more difficult to peel when cooled down completely.
Step by step:
- Steam the whole washed potatoes in your steam pot for about 25
minutes. By poking the potatoes with the tip of the knife gives the state of being done.
- In the mean time boil a half a cup of water and pour it into a dressing shaker and dissolve the
vegetable stock powder.
- Add the finely diced
onion, let them soak for some time (it takes the edge of their
sharpness when they are raw).
- Add the three tablespoons of olive oil, pepper, quarter teaspoon of curry powder, one teaspoon of caraway,
and salt to taste.
- Then add the three
tablespoons of vinegar and paprika.
- Lastly, add the chopped parsley and shake the dressing.
- Peel the hand-warm potatoes and slice them thinly to collect them in a salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced potatoes and toss with salad servers.
- Let the salad sit for twenty minutes for the flavors to develop fully.
- Garnish with halves of hard boiled egg and and serve!
Come back to share your homemade potato salad recipe successes!
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow an image link to learn about the ingredients:
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.