Easy Pumpkin Roll Recipe, A Delectable And Eye Catching Dessert
The pumpkin roll recipe is easy to make and a variation to the sponge cake recipe.
A new favorite recipe jazzes up any menu. The pumpkin cream cheese roll is delectable and is well suited for a day prior preparation. The decorative pumpkin cheesecake makes a divine treat or pumpkin dessert.
It was so yummy we just had to repeat it the next day.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
The delectable pumpkin roll recipe returns an eye-catching light dessert cake that shows off a white cream cheese roll that jazzes up any menu.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour
Ingredients pumpkin roll recipe:
- 3 eggs, size 6 (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp of lukewarm water
- 2/3 cup of sugar, brown (or 3 tbsp of honey)
- 2/3 cup of white spelt flour
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin, steamed and mashed (butternut or buttercup)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon, ground
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 250g of cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar, heaped
Take a glass or a cup to separate the egg. The separation of egg yolk and egg whites serves two purposes.
When breaking the egg and the egg yolk accidentally mixes with the egg white, you don't lose the eggs you already have skillfully separated into your bowl.
You can determine whether the egg is still good for consumption.
Step by step:
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C°.
- Use two mixing bowls to separate the three eggs. Collect the yolks in one bowl and the egg whites in the second bowl.
- With a hand mixer, mix the egg whites until they are white and stiff.
- To the second bowl with the egg yolks, add three tablespoons of water and two-thirds of a cup sugar. Mix all three ingredients at high speed until foamy and almost white.
- Fill a small bowl with two-thirds of a cup of steamed buttercup pumpkin or butternut squash and mash it with a fork. Then add the mash to the foamy whisked egg yolk aside of a heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- With a spatula, fold the stiffly whisked egg whites into the egg yolk, water, sugar, flour, and pumpkin mass under, until the two batters combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly, in a thickness of about 1/2 inch, onto a baking paper-lined baking sheet. Then sprinkle the half cup of walnuts on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180C°.
Pumpkin roll recipe step by step in images
When the surface turns a light golden, take it out of the oven and flip it onto a paper towel. Remove the baking paper carefully. Place a fresh kitchen towel on top. Flip it back onto the baking sheet and roll it up. (We roll so that the bottom of the cake which was facing the pan as it was baking is on the outside because it seems that the side exposed during baking tends to break more easily.) Start rolling from the longer side of the rectangle. Leave on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Fill a mixing bowl with two hundred and fifty grams of cream cheese, the cup of desiccated coconut, and the two tablespoons of sugar. Use the hand mixer and blend it well.
- When the cake roll has cooled, unroll it gently and spread the filling evenly. Roll it up again as tight as possible to prevent the forming of air-cushions in the pumpkin roll. Choose, for serving purposes, an oblong cake plate and dust with the icing sugar for decoration. Refrigerate for half an hour or longer and serve.
The resulting cake takes well to being prepared in advance.
If you have tried the pumpkin roll recipe, please return to let us know how you got on with the recipe and how you liked it.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow an image link to learn about the ingredients:
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.