Carrot Muffin Recipe
Try this carrot muffin recipe and bring some change into the
school lunch box.
Home baked goods offer a great opportunity for
the baker control the amount of sugar that goes into the recipe and is therefore
a good chance to reduce it. The best spices to add are spices like cinnamon and
allspice they give the recipe an extra edge which results in some tasty
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Serves: 12 carrot muffins
- 1 cup of finely grated carrots (one large carrot)
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- ¼ cup of unrefined sugar
- ½ cup of walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup of raisins
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder, flat
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon of allspice, ground
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 50g of butter melted
- 1 cup of milk
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Carrot muffin recipe step by step:
- Wash, scrape or peel and grate the carrot.
- Line the muffin tray with paper muffin cups. Alternatively
grease the muffin holes with butter and dust them with flour. Take particular
care dusting the bottom and the corners.
- In a small pot melt the butter on low heat.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C°. Convert!
- In a mixing bowl measure all of the dry ingredients add the
two cups of spelt flour in and the quarter cup of sugar. Add half a cup each of
the walnuts and the raisins and mix them under. As well as the four teaspoons
of baking powder, the teaspoon of cinnamon and the eighth of a teaspoon of
allspice and a pinch of Himalayan crystal salt. Mix everything well together.
- Crack an egg into the bowl. Whisk the egg with the melted
butter and the cup of milk.
- When everything is just combined fold under the cup of
- Fill the muffin cups each with about one and a half
tablespoons of batter.
Bake the carrot muffins for 30 minutes at 200C°.
After you have tried the carrot muffin recipe come back and
let us know how it went. For more ideas, please visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.
Muffin and cupcake recipes you might like
A cherry muffin recipe is just perfect, during early summer, using freshly picked cherries is just perfect. These small red stone fruits bring up vivid childhood memories of sitting in a cherry tree.
These pumpkin muffins have an underlying ginger taste, thanks to the fresh ginger root. If you like ginger in combination with coconut, the recipe is for you.
Inspire variety with this versatile zucchini muffin recipe. Muffins have the perfect size for packed healthy school lunches or an in between snack.
A warm and nutty taste stays when enjoying these sweet potato muffins. The flavour is strengthened by the cinnemon, sugar coating.