Vegetarian Lasagna With Mushroom, Tomato and Spinach
My favorite lasagna variation to date!
Vegetarian lasagna sounds much to be desired but I must admit this is my favorite lasagna recipe to date. The tomato, mushroom and spinach lasagna even beats my previous favorite salmon lasagna.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Its creamy texture and exciting combination of vegetables leaves the
taste buds begging for more. As my mum says "yummy. Just yummy!"
There is definitely no doubt about it. This is a must try recipe.
hearing the name vegetable lasagna is definitely out of the ordinary as
the traditional recipe with its tomato and meat filling and cheese
sauce is generally what comes to mind when I think about lasagna. This
recipe is perfect and misses nothing and is an invitation to think about
other possible flavor combinations and leaves you wanting more. So
without further ado the mouth watering recipe that you all have been
Vegetarian lasagna ingredient list:
- Baking tray 29-21cm
- Oil for tray
- 800g spinach
- 400g tomatoes
- 400g mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dry basil or 1 cup of fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic gloves
- Homemade pasta sheets (I think it tastes best homemade)
Store bought pasta sheets to fit tray size
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- 2 egg
- 500ml sour cream or riccotta cheese
- 3/4 cup of grated cheese
If making homemade pasta sheets prepare them beforehand.
- Clean spinach and steam with basil, salt and pepper (you might have to steam in two lots). Clean the tomatoes and mushrooms and slice or dice.
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil until clear. Make sure that the onions do not go brown because they will then taste burnt.
- Add the mushrooms with pepper and salt. Then add the tomatoes and let the mixture simmer open for 2-5 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add the sour cream. Mix well together with salt and pepper.
- Oil the tray and place the first layer of pasta sheets down. Layer a third of the sauce on top. Spread the spinach covered with a sprinkle of basil over top. Add the second layer of pasta sheets and another third of the sauce. Then all of the tomato mushroom mix. Add the last of the pasta sheets and the last third of the sauce. Sprinkle with Edam or Cheddar cheese on top to finish this vegetarian lasagna.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180C°. Convert!
How did you like the recipe?
Leave a comment using the Facebook plug-in. To show off your best vegetarian lasagna recipe with image build your very own page. It's easy!
Variation: Tamarillo, mushroom, spinach lasagna
A variation that tastes as nice.
Throughout the tamarillo season replace the tomatoes with tamarillo. Everything else stays the same.
It is best to cut the tamarillos in half and spoon them out. Right beneath their outer skin these fruits have some grains which tend to find their way easier into the cooking pot when peeled. When spooned these surface and can be separated.
We love hearing about your cooking stories, please return to share how you liked the vegetarian lasagna recipe. For more ideas please visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.