Tomato Mushroom Spinach Quiche Recipe
This quiche is a variation to the classic spinach quiche recipe. Tomatoes, spinach and mushrooms with some onions and garlic and seasoned with fresh basil, pepper and salt is one of my families favourite veggie combinations. Usually we use this combination in a vegetarian lasagna. So it comes to no surprise that we asked mum to prepare this quiche recipe for us.
Serves: 6 children or 3 adults
Quiche form size: 23 cm in diameter
Decide on: one of the tested and liked quiche crusts and prepare it.
Ingredients for the topping:
- 300g fresh spinach
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- pepper and salt to taste
- 75gr feta cheese
- 3medium tomatoes
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and clean and peel the mushrooms. Layer the cleaned vegetables into a steamer and sprinkle the diced onion and garlic cloves in combination with some pepper and salt in between layers. Steaming time is for about 10 minutes or until it is recognisable that the leaves lost volume.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- Spices: pepper and salt
- 3/4 cup of grated Edam cheese (or another substitute)
In a separate bowl fill in the cream and crack the eggs in, season with salt and pepper about 1/2 a teaspoon of each and add the grated cheese.
Bringing everything together:
- Preheat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- Line the quiche form with your chosen crust and pierce with a fork.
- Evenly spread the cubed feta cheese on top of the crust.
- When the spinach mix is done fill the crust with it. I is easiest managed when the spinach is cut into chunks.
- Afterwards follows a layer with tomatoes.
- At very last pour the sauce mix over the filling as even as possible.
Place the quiche into the to 180C° preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes.
Warm or cold, regular in size or filled in muffin forms a quiche fits in any school lunch box, as a snack in between or potluck dish. It is all the same suitable as a main on the family dinner table aside of a soup or a salad.
Use the Facebook plug-in and let us know how you got on with the recipe.
If you have a spinach quiche recipe or other you are particularly fond of? Then build your very own page with image and cooking instructions to share it.
The newest quiche recipes:
Skip to more ...