Pumpkin Curry Recipe With Beef
The pumpkin curry recipe with beef is one of the many
recipes that bring out the best of a pumpkin or a winter squash. This warming
curry dish fills cold autumn evenings with the aroma of the delicious spices.
- Sugar free diet
- Gluten free diet, when served with rice
- Dairy free diet, when served with rice
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Pumpkin recipe ingredient list:
- 1 pumpkin (red kabocha), de-seeded, peeled, cubed
- 600g beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds, heaped
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, heaped
- 1 teaspoon of coriander, ground
- 3 cm of fresh ginger root
- 5 cm of fresh turmeric root
- 3 green mild chillies
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fine Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 400ml can of coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cup of chopped fresh coriander
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Peel and dice the pieces of ginger root, turmeric root, the
two onions and the four cloves of garlic.
- Wash and split the green chilies lengthwise, then finely
- Take a big pot such as a soup pot and heat the two
tablespoons of coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, (you can test this by dropping a drop
of water into the pot if you hear a sizzling sound it is ready. Measure the two
teaspoons of heaped cumin seeds, the teaspoon of fennel seeds and the teaspoon
of ground coriander in and stir. Let the dish cook for a short moment.
- Add the diced chilies, ginger root and turmeric root. Stir!
- Add the beef cubes. By the time the beef has cooked through
mix under the onion dices and the dices of garlic.
- Stir in a teaspoon of fine Himalayan salt and the two
tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Wash and cube the four medium sized tomatoes and stir them
- Add the coconut cream and the teaspoon of garam masala. Let this
simmer on low heat.
- Half then de-seed and peel the red kabocha pumpkin. Cut it into
mouth-sized pieces and mix them into the curry. Cook everything on low to
medium heat for about ten minutes or until the pumpkin softens.
- Wash and paper towel dry or spin dry the fresh coriander.
Chop and sprinkle on top of the curry when it is done.
Ready to savor.
Serving suggestion: White Basmati rice, or naan bread
We love feedback. If you have tried this pumpkin curry recipe for yourself, return and leave your thoughts about it. For more ideas visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.