Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
This chicken curry recipe is speedy and easy to cook but the
result is a dish full of exciting flavors. It is also one of the first savoury
dishes that mum has used cinnamon in but the outcome is definitely worth a repeat.
Which in fact we did just a week later. This time we used 600g of tomatoes
without any carrots. This turned out just a delicious.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Chicken curry recipe ingredient list:
For 3 to 4 servings
- 300g of chicken breast cubed
- 2 tablespoons of oil (coconut oil or other)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 5cm of cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger root crushed, or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric root crushed, or finely diced
(alternatively add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 300g tomatoes, cubed
- 300g carrots whole or sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup loosely filled with freshly chopped coriander
Step by step method:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Finely dice the two onions the four cloves of garlic and the
piece of ginger. Alternately for a pastier outcome use a grater or kitchen processor
for the onions, garlic, ginger root and turmeric root.
- Heat the two tablespoons of coconut oil or other vegetable
oil in the pan. Then add the two teaspoons of cumin seeds, the teaspoon of
fennel seeds, the cinnamon stick and the teaspoon of chilli flakes, fry
briefly, before stirring the onions, garlic, ginger and turmeric under.
- Now mix under the teaspoon of garam masala.
- When the onions are translucent, the cubed tomatoes follow
into the pan. Let simmer for ten minutes or until the tomatoes have
- Lastly place the chicken cubes into the simmering mix and
cover with sauce, let the chicken cubes cook in the sauce for about ten
- In the meantime chop the fresh coriander. Sprinkle the
coriander over the chicken curry when it’s done.
- Taste and salt if necessary.
Serving suggestions: Basmati rice goes well with it.
Do you love curries as much as we do?
Please leave a comment about the chicken curry recipe. For more curry recipe ideas visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.
Curry recipes you might like
For all who love the combination of ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli gently balanced by the coconut cream the fish curry recipe will be irresistible.
Serving the green bean curry recipe leaves regularly everyone asking for more. Its flavors are nicely balanced and all ingredients bring out the best.
The pumpkin curry recipe with beef is one of the many recipes that bring out the best of a pumpkin or a winter squash.
The sweet potato curry embodies a highlight in the curry journey. Curry went from being a dish which was rarely requested to being one of our favorites.