Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
This chicken curry recipe is speedy and easy to cook but the
result is a dish full of exciting flavours. It is also one of the first savoury
dishes that mum has used cinnamon in but the outcome is definitely worth a repeat.
Which in fact we did just a week later. This time we used 600g of tomatoes
without any carrots. This turned out just a delicious.
List of ingredients:
For 3 to 4 servings
- 300g of chicken breast cubed
- 2 tablespoons of oil (coconut oil or other)
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 5cm of cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed, or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of ginger root crushed, or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric root crushed, or finely diced
(alternatively add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder)
- 300g tomatoes, cubed
- 300g carrots whole or sliced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup loosely filled with freshly chopped coriander
Step by step method:
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
- Finely dice the two onions the four cloves of garlic and the
piece of ginger. Alternately for a pastier outcome use a grater or kitchen processor
for the onions, garlic, ginger root and turmeric root.
- Heat the two tablespoons of coconut oil or other vegetable
oil in the pan. Then add the two teaspoons of cumin seeds, the teaspoon of
fennel seeds, the cinnamon stick and the teaspoon of chilli flakes, fry
briefly, before stirring the onions, garlic, ginger and turmeric under.
- Now mix under the teaspoon of garam masala.
- When the onions are translucent, the cubed tomatoes follow
into the pan. Let simmer for ten minutes or until the tomatoes have
- Lastly place the chicken cubes into the simmering mix and
cover with sauce, let the chicken cubes cook in the sauce for about ten
- In the meantime chop the fresh coriander. Sprinkle the
coriander over the chicken curry when it’s done.
- Taste and salt if necessary.
Serving suggestions: Basmati rice goes well with it.
Do you love curries?
Please use the Facebook-plugin for any comments on the chicken curry recipe or publish your best curry recipe.
New curry recipes:
Skip to more ...
Chicken Curry Recipe