Best Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Out Of My Grandmother's Treasured Cook Book
This peanut butter cookie recipe is unique and tasty with its peanut flavour without being as sweet as cookies usually are. The egg and cream also keeps the the fingers stick free.
With the different steps the cookie takes a bit more time to make. On the other hand these tasks can be beautifully shared with kids. Kids love cutting cookies and helping to spread jelly in between the layers.
Ingredients to the peanut butter cookie recipe:
- 2 cups of flour (spelt)
- 150g of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar (brown)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 heaped tablespoons of unsalted, natural peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of cream
- Icing sugar for dusting the half with the hole in the middle (optional)
- 125g of plum jelly or some other reddish jelly like red currant or black currant
- Cookie cutters: big circle and small circle (for everyday)
star and small circle (distinct christmas shape) or a heart and a small circle (for Valentine heart cookies)
- Rolling pin
- Baking board
- Baking paper
Follow the peanut butter cookie recipe step by step:
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
- Preheat the oven to 200C°. Convert!
- Mix flour, sugar, butter in curls (can be achieved by using a spoon), peanut butter and the pinch of salt quickly in a bowl.
- Cover and let the mix rest for about an hour in the fridge.
- Dust your baking board or flat surface with flour and roll out half of the peanut butter cookie dough. Depending on the type of surface you roll the dough out on, you may need a bit more flour to prevent your dough from sticking to the surface. So, check in between and eventually add more.
- Take the cookie cutter shape of your choice, circle, star or heart, and cut as compact as possible and as many times as you can fit onto the dough. Then place the shapes one after other on a tray lined with baking paper. (I prefer using baking paper rather than greasing the tray with butter or cooking oil. Baked cookies fresh out
of the oven are very fragile and the paper just makes sure that they don't break when they are moved.)
- Mix the egg yolk with the cream and brush the mix onto each cookie. The mixture guarantees a golden sheen.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, take them out and let them cool down, after 5 minutes or so move the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Repeat steps one to five for the second half of the dough. Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out the inner circle in each shape before placing it onto the baking
- For a shiny surface brush the top half of the cookies with the egg-cream mix.
For a sugary surface bake the cookies, without brushing them, and dust them after the baking time, when they are still warm with icing sugar.
- After letting the bottoms and tops cool, spread the bottom with the plum jelly and put the top half with the hole in the middle on top.
Share your thoughts on how you liked the cookies and how you got on with the peanut butter cookie recipe.
Newest cookie recipes:
Skip to more ...
Share your adaptations and maybe a photo of the result.
Do Share Your Recipe Variation Or Your Favorite One?
Do you have a favorite recipe variation or a favorite recipe? Share it!