Parsley Pesto Recipe With Coriander, Curry Leaves And Almonds
A parsley pesto recipe is a fantastic alternative to basil pesto, especially when basil is off-season. Our family played with different ingredients. Now we share the ones that found positive feedback.
We designed this particular pesto mix for carrot pancakes. It is also a fantastic addition to prepare a carrot a salad dressing, as well as a healthy spread on a piece of homemade bread.
In this ingredient combination, we kept it lactose-free, used soaked almonds, and paired parsley with the peppery taste of curry leaves and fresh coriander.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Parsley pesto recipe
The lactose-free parsley pesto combines parsley with almonds and a mix of green herbs like coriander and curry leaves. It is perfect for carrot pancakes, a spread on a piece of homemade bread or a healthy dip.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, soaking overnight
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 570 ml
Category: Dip, spread
Cuisine: Indian inspired
Suitable: Vegetarian Diet, grain-free diet
- ½ cup of almonds, before soaking
- ¾ cup of olive oil, organic and cold-pressed
- 10 cups parsley, loosely filled (1 large bunch of parsley)
- 1½ cups of coriander, fresh
- 3 sprigs of curry leaves, fresh
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1½ tsp of salt, Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 limes, organic and small, squeezed
- 1 lime, zest
Step by step:
- Measure the olive oil into the blender or food processor.
- Wash the parsley, coriander, and curry leaves, and spin dry them with a salad spinner.
- Drain the soaked almonds and remove the skin.
- Add the herbs and almonds to the olive oil.
- Peel the small onion and the three cloves of garlic and add them roughly chopped.
- Sprinkle about one and a half teaspoons of Himalayan crystal salt on top.
- Wash the organic limes. Squirt the juice of both limes and add the zest of one lime into the processing bowl.
- Process everything for about a minute or until it shows a smooth texture. If the mix seems too dry, either add some water or some more olive oil.
- Then fill the parsley pesto into jars.
We thrive on feedback. Please return to share your thoughts about the parsley pesto recipe.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Learn more about the ingredients and recipes using them
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.