Parsley Pesto Recipe With Coriander, Curry Leaves And Almonds
A parsley pesto recipe is a fantastic alternative to basil pesto, especially when basil is off-season. Our family played with different ingredients. Now we share the ones that found positive feedback.
We designed this particular pesto mix for carrot pancakes. It is also a fantastic addition to prepare a carrot a salad dressing, as well as a healthy spread on a piece of homemade bread.
In this ingredient combination, we kept it lactose-free, used soaked almonds, and paired parsley with the peppery taste of curry leaves and fresh coriander.
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Parsley pesto recipe
The lactose-free parsley pesto combines parsley with almonds and a mix of green herbs like coriander and curry leaves. It is perfect for carrot pancakes, a spread on a piece of homemade bread or a healthy dip.
Prep Time: 20 minutes, soaking overnight
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 570 ml
Category: Dip, spread
Cuisine: Indian inspired
Suitable: Vegetarian Diet, grain-free diet
- ½ cup of almonds, before soaking
- ¾ cup of olive oil, organic and cold-pressed
- 10 cups parsley, loosely filled (1 large bunch of parsley)
- 1½ cups of coriander, fresh
- 3 sprigs of curry leaves, fresh
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 clove of garlic, peeled
- 1½ tsp of salt, Himalayan crystal salt
- 2 limes, organic and small, squeezed
- 1 lime, zest
Step by step:
- Measure the olive oil into the blender or food processor.
- Wash the parsley, coriander, and curry leaves, and spin dry them with a salad spinner.
- Drain the soaked almonds and remove the skin.
- Add the herbs and almonds to the olive oil.
- Peel the small onion and the three cloves of garlic and add them roughly chopped.
- Sprinkle about one and a half teaspoons of Himalayan crystal salt on top.
- Wash the organic limes. Squirt the juice of both limes and add the zest of one lime into the processing bowl.
- Process everything for about a minute or until it shows a smooth texture. If the mix seems too dry, either add some water or some more olive oil.
- Then fill the parsley pesto into jars.
We thrive on feedback. Please return to share your thoughts about the parsley pesto recipe.
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Learn more about the ingredients and recipes using them
You might like a colorful statement
The kids printed t-shirt is a powerful affirmation to eat your colors regularly. It is a modern and abstract approach to the concept of good eating habits.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.
Easy dip and salad recipes you might like
The tabouli recipe also known as tabbouleh recipe has its origin in North Africa but became since long a popular summer salad in many other parts of the world.
The tomato and mozzarella salad recipe makes a stylish appetizer when arranged in an alternating layer around a plate. Ideal with ripe tomatoes.
The tomato and avocado salad makes an eye-catching appetizer when arranged in an alternating overlapping layer around a plate. Ideal during summer with flavorful tomatoes.
The cucumber and tomato salad recipe uses fresh dill. The combined flavors are a feast for your taste buds in summer when all ingredients reach their full potential.