Beef Curry Recipe with Chickpea and Buttercup
This beef curry recipe is one of the recipes that remind me
of an orchestra with its many different instruments which each have a vital
role on the end result. Perfectly synchronized each flavour enchants its
audience with a harmonious whirl wind of flavours. If one flavour dominates
then the whole dish will be off.
The outcome of this beef curry was well balanced
and full of mouth watering flavours.
- Sugar free diet
- Gluten free diet, when served with rice
- Dairy free diet, when served with rice
Please know we love feedback so either drop "Easy Healthy Recipes For Kids" a line via the Contact Us page.
Comment or review here your experiences and successes with the recipe. Or even share your favorite recipe.
Curry with beef, chickpea and buttercup
Beef curry recipe ingredient list:
- 300g of lean beef meat cubed
- 1 and ½ cups of chickpeas soaked (minimum of 4 hours or overnight)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (coconut oil or other)
- 2 heaped teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 1 heaped teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 5cm of cinnamon stick
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 3 cm piece of fresh ginger root diced
- 1 thumb sized piece of turmeric root diced
- 5 green mild chilies (dried chili flakes work as well)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt, fine
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small buttercup, about 700g (before peeling)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cup of freshly chopped coriander
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
For a minimum of four hours soak the chickpeas in water.
You can also soak the chickpeas overnight. This is fine too. Per each cup of chickpeas use three cups of
- This can be prepared a few hours before cooking:
- Soak one cup of chickpeas in three cups of water.
- Step by step directions:
- Peel and dice the onion, garlic, fresh ginger root and fresh
- Wash and de-seed the four mild green chilies and slice them thinly.
- Take a big pot and heat the two tablespoons of coconut oil.
When heated briefly fry the cumin and fennel seeds and add the cinnamon stick.
- Then mix the ginger root, turmeric root and chilies under.
- Mix the beef cubes under
and cover with the spices.
- When the meat is cooked through, add the drained chickpeas
and add a cup of water and the teaspoon of fine Himalayan salt.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into cubes and mix them under.
Let it simmer for about 10 minutes!
- In the mean time half, de-seed, slice and peel the
buttercup. Prepare into mouth-sized cubes. Mix the cubes under the curry with a
teaspoon of garam masala. Cook everything together for another 10 minutes or
- During this time wash, spin dry and chop the fresh
coriander. Before serving, sprinkle the fresh coriander on top and mix it under.
This celebration of flavors goes well with white Basmati
rice or Naan bread.
When you gave the beef curry recipe a try, please come back and report how you got on and whether you enjoyed it. For more ideas visit Food to Grow on Pinterest.
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.