Pumpkin And Banana Smoothie Recipe For Kids
Pumpkin and banana smoothie is a recipe during fall. Buttercup or butternut squash, of the winter squash varieties, make a great choice to try.
Spices that enrich the smoothie flavor are ginger and cinnamon. It is a healthy snack at any time throughout the day and so easy to prepare. Pumpkin is an excellent source for vitamin A and with this good for skin and eyes.
variation, change the spices up or add to it nutmeg and clove both
should be ground. Some drops of vanilla essence add to the flavor too.
Not sweet enough?
Then try adding one or more pitted dates.
Influence the fluidity by adding more almond milk or the liquid of your choice.
Follow this link for more information on how to make a smoothie.
Pumpkin and banana smoothie recipe
The banana smoothie recipe for kids makes one serving and is easy to increase by adding additional raw fruit and almond milk.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 1 glass
- 1 ripe bananas
- 60 g pumpkin, cubed
- 1/5 inch ginger root ( 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 cup almond milk or a liquid of your choice
- 1 tsp lemon or lime or orange juice
Tip: The pumpkin and banana smoothie is best prepared just before serving it. Because
after opening and blending the fruit tends to oxidize. Adding citrus
juice prevents the reaction. Use the citrus fruit in moderation that its
sour taste does not overpower.
Step by step:
- Fill the blender jar with one peeled, ripe banana.
- Add the sixty gram of cubed pumpkin.
- Also add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and the piece of ginger root
- Add one cup of almond milk or the liquid of your preference.
- Close the lid of the blender jar and blend for thirty seconds or until smooth.
- Add additional ingredients before blending.
Enjoy this fall treat with its tempting spices in a smoothie tumbler with straw!
Sometimes the fruit has not reached its full ripeness and requires additional sweetener. Then consider adding a pitted date.
Do you like pumpkin spice?
Then consider adding also a pinch of ground nutmeg and ground clove. Even some drops of vanilla essence go well with the above spices.
Change it up:
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp pinch of ground clove
Receive a free to download 27-page e-booklet:
Banana Smoothie Recipes For Kids
and subscribe to our monthly newsletter filled with new recipes, ideas and insights.
Follow the ingredients to find more recipes including them:
Did you try the recipe?
Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂.