Mushroom Quiche Recipe
mushroom quiche recipe has the same combination of tomato and mushrooms that I found
so irresistible in the vegetarian lasagne recipe.
Ingredient list to prepare the quiche:
For a 28cm spring form
- 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan
- 500g of mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh basil or 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese
- ½ cup of cream
- ½ cup of milk
Step by step method:
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
First choose a crust. I tend to choose the crust on top of
the list, but the mushrooms go well with the rice crust too. Line a quiche form
with the crust of your choice. Then prepare the filling.
This time we thought to skip the step of pre-cooking the
filling and instead shift all of the raw ingredients straight into the crust.
It worked well and saved us a lot of time and dishes.
- Spread the three tablespoons of grated parmesan on top of
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Remove all of the impurities
from the mushrooms by skinning them. Lay out the sliced mushrooms on top of the
- Season with salt and pepper!
- The next layer consists of the peeled and diced onion and
- After that sprinkle a cup of washed and chopped fresh
basil on top.
- Once again season with salt and pepper!
- Washed and sliced tomatoes form the last layer before
being topped with the cup of grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C°. Convert!
- For the custard break three eggs into a bowl and beat them
with a fork. Then add the half cup of milk and the half a cup of cream and
- Finally pour the custard evenly on top of the quiche.
the quiche loosely with an ovenproof lid or foil to prevent the quiche from
getting too dark. Place the quiche into the preheated oven and set the timer to
40 minutes. When the 40 minutes are up remove the cover on top of the quiche and
let it bake for another 20 minutes. Then turn the oven off but let the quiche
rest in the heat for another 10 minutes. The total oven time comes to 70
minutes. After that serve and enjoy. Our family usually likes a salad with this
Let us know what you think about not pre-cooking the filling in the mushroom quiche recipe via the Facebook plug-in at the end of this page or send us a message by using
the contact form.
Related articles to the mushroom quiche recipe:
Egg production - free range eggs, battery
farmed eggs and barn laid eggs
Egg nutrition and egg recipes