Easy Hummus Recipe
Hummus, the smoothly blended mass of chickpeas, is a delicious spread.
It is also popular with young and old to serve as a party dip for
natural corn chips or vegetable sticks.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes (soaked chickpeas)
Total time: 50 minutes
Cuisine: Middle East inspired
Suitable: Vegetarian diet
Preparation for dried chickpeas
- Soak one cup of dried chickpeas overnight in two cups of water
- Drain the chickpeas
- Put the chickpeas into a pot with about 1 cup of water
- Cook the chickpeas for 30 min, add more water if necessary.
- 2 cups of chickpeas (dried or canned)
- 1 ½ tbsp of tahini
- 6 tbsp of fresh Lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ cup of liquid
- Spices: salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, curry powder.
Step by step:
- Use a blender, hand-blender, or food processor to puree the chickpeas
- If necessary do this in smaller batches
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil in respectively
- Add the liquid in a little bit at a time and blend until reaching a smooth texture
- Once you completed the blending process stir under the spices until you achieved the perfect flavor combination
- Enjoy your homemade hummus dip recipe.
Recipe, images, and content © Food to Grow, unless noted otherwise | www.Easy-Healthy-Recipes-For-Kids.com