Pumpkin Muffins With Ginger And Coconut
pumpkin muffins have a wonderful underlying ginger taste thanks to the fresh
ginger root. If you like the ginger flavour in combination with coconut then
this is the right recipe for you.
List of ingredients:
- 1 cup of pumpkin, steamed and mashed
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of unrefined sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of spelt flour
- 50g of butter, melted
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of coconut, desiccated
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, ground
- 1 piece of fresh ginger finely diced
- Some sugar to sprinkle on top
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Step by step directions:
Steam the 300g piece of buttercup pumpkin for about 15 to 20
minutes on low to medium heat (the weight of the pumpkin includes the pips and the
skin). When the pumpkin is done and has had a chance to cool down de-core, peel
and mash it. It is easier to mash the pumpkin with a fork.
Pre-heat the oven to 180C°. Convert!
- Paper line a muffin tray with muffin cups or grease them
with butter and dust with flour.
- Fill the pumpkin into a mixing bowl and add two cracked
eggs. Whisk with the fork until an even consistency is reached.
- Measure the quarter cup of sugar and the one and a half cups
of spelt flour and fold both ingredients into the mix.
- Add the melted butter and the milk and stir.
- Mix the 4 teaspoons of baking powder, the half teaspoon of
nutmeg, and the teaspoon of ground ginger under well.
- Lastly fold under the cup of desiccated coconut and the
finely diced fresh ginger root.
- Fill the twelve muffin cups with the batter and sprinkle
some sugar on top.
Bake them for 30 minutes at 180C°. They taste great straight
out of the oven, eating them the following day allows for the flavour develop
If you have tried the pumpkin muffins, please return
to let us know how you got on with the recipe and how you liked it.
Cupcakes and Muffins:
Skip to more ...
Muffin and Cupcake Recipes