3 Layer Raspberry Nut Cake Recipe
This no bake nut cake recipe contains the perfect combination of
creamy cashews, crunchy walnuts and fruity raspberries whose taste and texture
exist separately but still harmonise with one another.
You can replace the nuts used in this cake recipe with
various others such as almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts.
This year we enjoyed this treat as a Christmas dessert and
it fit in well with its luxurious colours but it can also be served year round.
This raspberry cake is gluten free, sugar free and a no bake cake.
No Bake Cake Recipes
Nut cake ingredients:
- 2 cups of raw walnuts
- ½ cup of dates
- 3 cups of raw cashews soaked for two hours
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- 6 dates
by step instructions:
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Soak the cashews for a minimum of 2 hours in clean water (purified
water), 2 parts water to 1 part cashews.
First layer equals the base:
- To prepare the base place the cup of walnuts and the ½ a cup
of dates into a food processor and blend until the mixture can be firmly
- Line a 20cm by 20cm square dish with baking paper and pour
the mixture into the dish.
- Press the base firmly into the dish to form an even layer
across the bottom of the dish and 1 cm up the sides of the dish.
Second layer becomes the filling:
- To prepare the filling add the soaked cashews, honey,
coconut oil, vanilla extract and lemon into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- And that’s it. Just pour the filling over the base and
spread it evenly.
Third layer forms the topping:
- Finally to prepare the last layer just blend together fresh
or thawed raspberries with the dates.
- Pour the mixture evenly over to top of the cake.
Place the cake into the freezer for at least two hours.
After that keep it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
Enjoy this delicious treat. It is rich and just melts on the
Let us know how you liked the result of the nut cake recipe or even share your own no bake recipe!
No bake recipes are great for the summer because there is no
need for an oven so the house doesn’t get all hot and you get to enjoy your
treat sooner as there is no baking or cooling time simple ingredient quick to
throw together. No bake nutty fruity suits all kinds of diets.
If you are a fan of no bake cakes share your best recipe and how you came to it.
What is Your Favourite Recipe?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Share it!
Nut Cake Recipe