Lamb Stew Recipe
In this spicy lamb stew recipe the fresh mint is somehow a
balancing surprise. The mix of lamb, tomato, butternut squash and mint works
A stew with meat and lots of vegetables is ideal to please
different eaters. This stew incorporates Meat for meat lovers and vegetables
for veggie lovers and no one comes out short. With a base of tomato sauce
almost nothing can go wrong.
- Sugar free diet
- Gluten free diet
- Dairy free diet
The newest stew recipes:
- 300g of lamb cubed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 and ½ cups of soaked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt, fine
- 1heaped tablespoon of tomato paste
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 medium sized tomatoes washed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon of mild chilli
- 1 butternut squash, de-seeded, peeled, cubed
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup of fresh mint 2 teaspoons of dried mint
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Soak one and a half cups of dried chickpeas for four hours or overnight.
Method step by step:
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil on low to medium heat in a
- Fry the cubed lamb meat until cooked through.
- Peel and dice the large onion and the three cloves of garlic,
then fold them under the lamb cubes.
- When the onions are translucent, add the drained and rinsed
chickpeas and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Season with one teaspoon of black pepper and one teaspoon of
fine Himalayan salt!
- Stir in a tablespoon of tomato paste and the four cubed
tomatoes, the half teaspoon of chilli flakes and the eighth of a teaspoon of
- De-seed, peel and cut the butternut squash into mouth-sized
cubes. By the time the tomatoes disintegrate mix them into the stew. Let the
dish simmer for another 10 minutes or until the butternut squash is done.
- Turn off the heat.
- Pour in the juice of half a lemon.
- Wash and spin dry half a cup of mint leaves roughly chop
them and blend into the stew.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Serving suggestion: Basmati rice (white)
When you have tried this spicy lamb stew for yourself, please
return and let us know how you got on.
The flavour of stews gains often when reheated so they are great to prepare in advance for parties and other gatherings. They also allow to choose if there is more meat or more vegetables on the plate as well as the portion size is easy adjustable.
Let us in on your favourite stew recipe!
What is Your Favourite Recipe?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Share it!