Easy Risotto Recipe
Beetroot Risotto - Bright and Tasty!
Looking for an easy risotto recipe well look no more, this yummy beetroot recipe has quickly found its way into my family’s meal plan.
Risotto holds its origins in Italy but with being one of the most versatile meals it is no wonder that it has now found home all around the world.
It’s creamy, it’s tasty, it’s sweet and not too heavy as I have found with other recipes. I have found these nearly impossible to enjoy just because of the high butter and cheese content.
This recipe is probably one of the most eye catching meals I have ever eaten. Its deep red purplish colour demands attention.
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 small to medium sized raw beet-roots peeled and cubed
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups Arborio risotto rice (or any other risotto rice)
- 50g cheddar/Edam
- 1 cup washed dried and chopped Italian parsley
- Heat one litre of water in a saucepan. Add the stock. When the stock is on a light simmer add the diced beetroot and let simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a large pot and dice the onions.
- Fry the onions in the oil until clear. Add three tablespoons red wine vinegar and stir. Take the beetroot out of the stock with a slotted spoon (keeping the stock) and add the beetroot to the onions. Add two cups Arborio rice (or any other risotto rice) and stir well.
- Add a third of the stock and let simmer on the lowest heat while stirring occasionally. When the liquid has simmered off, add the next third of stock and repeat until the stock is empty.
- Add the grated cheddar and the parsley and mix, season with salt and pepper and let it sit for about 5 minutes without heat and serve.
What is your favourite risotto recipe?
Build your very own recipe page, spice the recipe and instructions up with up to 4 images and receive comments from test cooks.
Salad side dish:
Do you have a colourful and tasty risotto in your menu? We would love to get to know it.
What is Your Favourite Recipe?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Share it!