Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
For those cold winter months this easy pumpkin soup recipe is heart warming and a real comfort food. Enjoyed with bread and butter.
Recipe to the pumpkin soup
- 1 white onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes (orange)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 gloves garlic
- Spices: pepper white, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, pinch curry, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, salt, 2 teaspoon vegetable stock, 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 leek
- 1/2 cup cream
- Clean and wash the leek then cut in rings. In a smaller saucepan boil about 250 ml of water, add the leek and spice it with pepper, nutmeg and some salt. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes at the lowest heat then switch off and set aside.
- In the mean time wash, peel, and cut the potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and pumpkin into cubes.
- Peel and dice the onion and the garlic, then heat some butter and fry the onion and garlic until clear.
- Leave on the lowest heat and add the potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and pumpkin cubes bit by bit while stirring. Still stirring every now and then the spices follow, pepper, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, generous pinch curry, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, salt, about 500 ml water, 2 teaspoons vegetable stock and 1/2 a teaspoon paprika. Let cook at
medium temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes and pumpkin begin to loose their shape.
- Set aside to let the soup cool a bit before you use the hand blender to get a smooth consistency. Our family prefers the consistency you get by using a potato masher. Pour the cream in before blending or mashing.
- The last step then is to add the leek as well as the water it was boiled in. Should you feel the soup is too thick add some more hot water and test if it is well seasoned, if not adjust.
Ready to serve.
Since we bake our bread we love to eat a slice of toasted and buttered homemade bread.
Use the Facebook plug-in to comment on the pumpkin soup recipe!
Find more pumpkin recipes!
And to build a page for your recipe to share skip to...
The result becomes as delicious when the leek is replaced with either broccoli or cauliflower. Just steam or cook separately so that it still has some bite to it and add it after mashing or blending the soup.
Pumpkins and squashes certainly spiked with their versatility a lot of creativity in creating new pumpkin compositions.
Build your own page with up to four images for your best pumpkin recipe.
What is Your Favourite Recipe?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Share it!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe