Green Bean Curry Recipe
When we served this green bean curry for the first time and
everyone asked for seconds. This is a sure sign that the dinner was a success.
The green bean recipe had a mild flavour and was not too hot.
Although we chose the
milder chilli variety, there must be a better way to cut them. My hands felt
hot long after the dinner was finished. It was a strange sensation it wasn’t my
tongue that burned but my fingers.
While enjoying this curry recipe I became
aware of the fact the flavours were all nicely balanced and ingredients brought
out the best in each other.
Ingredient list to cook a curry with green beans:
Serving suggestion: Basmati rice
- 800g of green beans
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil (or other)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- curry leaves of one sprig
- 3 red chillies split lengthwise, deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ cup of coconut, desiccated
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely diced
- 5 cm piece of fresh turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon of cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt, or to taste
- 1 can of coconut cream
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
- Wash the beans thoroughly and cut the tip off on both ends.
- Wash the curry leaves and dry them. Then take them off their
- After washing the three red chillies cut them lengthwise,
remove their seeds and slice them finely.
- Peel and dice the two medium onions, the three cloves of garlic and
the five centimetre turmeric root.
- Use a large pan or pot to heat the olive oil before you add
the mustard seeds to let them pop.
- Mix the curry leaves and sliced red chillies under and let
them fry briefly before adding the desiccated coconut and the diced onions.
Next add the diced garlic and the fresh turmeric root followed by the teaspoon of cumin
and the teaspoon of Himalayan salt. Mix everything well together before adding the
green beans bit by bit.
- Simmer the bean curry for five minutes before pouring in a
can of coconut cream and let it cook at low to medium heat for another eight minutes.
Basmati rice complements this green bean recipe perfectly. We
have always loved green beans but preparing them with these delightful spices allowed
for a new and very enjoyable experience.
After you tried it tell us how you liked this
combination of spices in the bean curry.
New curry recipes:
Skip to more ...