Easy Potato Soup Recipe
This is a easy potato soup recipe. It's a creamy and filling recipe which is a great new addition to our winter meal plan.
Homemade potato soup
- 1 white onion
- 2 gloves garlic
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 cauliflower
- Spices: pepper white, 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, salt, 2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 750 ml of water
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Some parsley leaves to garnish
- Cut the soaked and cleaned cauliflower into small pieces. Let the cut cauliflower cook for 10 minutes in a separate saucepan with 250 ml water and a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper. Then set aside.
- Clean and peel the potatoes. Cut them into mouth-sized pieces. Peel and cut the onion and the garlic into dices.
- Heat some butter in your soup pot to fry onion and garlic until clear.
- Add the potato and the spices white pepper, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, salt, about 500 ml water and 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder. Let cook for about 15minutes on medium heat or until potatoes start to loose their shape.
- Set aside to let the soup cool for a while before you pour in the 1/2 cup of creme and blending all up with a hand blender to get one smooth consistency. For a slightly grainier outcome, which my family prefers, use the potato masher. Finally add the
cauliflower with the water it was cooked in, stir and taste. If necessary spice a bit more with pepper and salt.
- Garnish with some parsley leaves and serve.
Enjoy the potato soup!
A slice of toasted and buttered bread goes well with it.
Butter and onions burn easily, which leaves a burned after taste when eating the soup, therefore keep an eye on it and reduce the heat in time.
New soup recipes:
Skip to more ...
Potato Soup Recipe