Everyone loves pizza. This pizza roll recipe is a variation
on how to prepare and serve pizza. In a roll it serves as a fun pizza for any
lunchbox, shared lunch or pot luck dinner.
- 3 cups of spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 and ¼ cups of whey or kefir
Extra flour to dust the rolling board
3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 3 mild chillies split lengthwise with the seeds removed and
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced or crushed
- 2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 small can of tuna
- 12 black olives pitted and diced
- 70g of feta cheese chopped
- ½ cup of grated cheese
Directions step by step:
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
- Measure the spelt flour into a bowl. Form a well in the
middle and add the ½ teaspoon of yeast into the well.
- Distribute the tablespoon of oil, the teaspoon of dried
sage, the dried rosemary and the one and a half teaspoons of Himalayan salt around
- Into the well measure the cup of whey. After five to ten
minutes, when bubbles are visible, knead all of the ingredients into one smooth
Leave the dough to rise for about 6-8 hours in a warm place,
or until it doubles in size.
After the rising time pre-heat the oven to 190C° (convert).
Prepare the filling:
- Wash and de-seed the mild chillies by
slitting them lengthwise and then slicing them thinly.
- Peel and dice the small onion and the garlic.
- Pit and finely dice the olives.
- Open the can of tuna and drain it.
- Grate half a cup of cheese.
- Line a tray or sheet with baking paper.
- After the dough has finished rising Punch it back, dust a
rolling board with flour and roll the dough into a rectangle about 30cm/40cm. Keep
the surface of the board dusted with flour so that the dough does not stick to
the board if necessary lift the dough to re-dust (Otherwise it becomes very
difficult to roll the dough).
- With a spoon or a spatula distribute the tomato paste on to
the rolled out dough. Stop spreading the paste 5cm metre from the longer side
of the rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle capsicum, chillies, onion and garlic, tuna and feta
cheese over the dough. Then season with oregano, pepper and salt.
Carefully start rolling from the side that has the filling
right to the edge and transfer the pizza roll to the baking tray. Sprinkle with
the grated cheese and place it into the oven for 30 minutes at 190C° (convert).
The pizza is ready to serve. Enjoy!
When you tried this pizza roll please come back and let us know how you got on with the recipe.
Pizza recipes all day long: