Fried Pasta - Leftover Recipe
This fried pasta recipe is ideal to make if you all looking
to use up leftover pasta in a quick and easy leftover recipe.
In our case we had some penne noodles leftover and we were
looking to have a quick afternoon snack. The composition came to mind rather
spontaneously it was a bit of a risk but it turned out a hit because of its sweetish
hot flavour celebration.
We are still in an
experimenting phase when it comes to curries. So, there are some leftover fresh
ingredients in our fridge this week. We have ginger and turmeric and the
exciting flavours of lemon grass. Cooking can sometimes be like painting you
add what you believe could work well together in that moment. Sometimes this
results in really amazing and enjoyable flavours which leave you wanting more.
- 200g of cooked penne (about 6 cups of cooked pasta)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3cm of ginger root
- 3cm of turmeric root
- 2 lemon grass stalks
- 2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable stock powder
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 green chilli
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- Small bunch of parsley
- 3 tomatoes for decoration
Get new recipes and insights with our monthly e-zine.
Step by step method:
- Peel and dice the red onion, the clove of garlic, the piece
of ginger and the piece of turmeric.
- Take the outer layers and the green tip of the lemon grass
then slice it thinly.
- Wash the celery stalks and the red capsicum thoroughly and
- Wash, spin dry and chop some parsley stalks.
- Heat the coconut oil at medium heat and add the prepared
onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and lemon grass to it.
- After a minute toss under the two tablespoons of desiccated
coconut and the sliced stalks of celery. Watch that it doesn’t turn brown and
gets burned if necessary reduce the heat.
- Stir under ½ teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of vegetable
stock powder and add the sliced capsicum.
- When heated through, mix under the noodles.
- While the noodles fry break the three eggs into a bowl and
beat them slightly. Pour them over the mix in the pan. To distribute the heat
evenly throughout give the mix a stir every now and then. When the egg appears
set turn of the heat and fold under the chopped parsley.
Ready to serve!
- Decorate your plate with some tomato wedges.
What do you think about the fried pasta recipe using leftover ingredients? Share your thoughts! The place to introduce your fried pasta recipe using leftovers is here.
What is your approach to leftover pasta?
Do you have a pasta creation you liked best?
What is Your Favourite Recipe?
Do you have a favourite recipe? Share it!