With steamed vegetables or a barbecue in the summer egg salad recipe is a great companion. Creamy and tasty it just adds so much flavour to your meal.
Kids learn apart from how to prepare a yummy salad, why hard boiled eggs are sometimes so difficult to peel and how to remedy this phenomenon (refer to the tip below to know why). To give the salad a personal touch we added a wonderful homemade mayonnaise recipe.
Step by step:
•Boil then peel six eggs.
• Dice the eggs and the onion, chop the parsley after putting everything into a small salad bowl season with pepper and salt.
• Add 1/3 of a cup of homemade mayonnaise (the recipe is just below).
• Toss all of the ingredients together and serve.
• 30ml of milk
• 125ml of vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons of mustard
• 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
• pepper and salt
• 1 clove of garlic crushed
Pour the milk into a bowl. Using a hand mixer and while at high speed add the oil to the milk drop by drop. When both liquids are combined (this may take a while), add the 2 teaspoons of mustard and the two teaspoons of lemon juice and blend them in. Lastly season with salt and pepper and stir in the crushed garlic.
Dairy free mayonnaise:
In this case the milk is replaced by one egg yolk. The amounts, the ingredients and the method remains the same.
Receiving feedback is great. So please use the FB plug-in to share comments and thoughts o the egg salad recipe.