This butter cookie recipe has been passed down by my great grandmother. It was one of the first recipes I remember baking with my grandma. It's simplicity is great so you can do almost anything with it.
Take cookie cutters in whatever shape you like or mix up the shapes. Invite your kids to bake. Let them use their imagination to create unique shapes. With the help of food colouring mixed through the dough or later the addition of icing different cookie sculptures can be created.
By all means it's a creative activity, everyone loves getting involved in.
Even today we still transform the original cookie. This year we baked out of the butter cookie recipe cocoa spirals.
What is your best butter cookie transformation and decoration idea?
Step by step method to the butter cookie recipe:
Bake for 8-12 minutes at 180C°. Convert!
Whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons of milk and brush over the butter cookies. Decorate
them with an almond sliver, then bake them for 8-12 minutes at 180C°. Convert!
Mix some fine sugar and cinnamon together and turn the butter cookies in the sugar and cinnamon mix when they are still warm. Let them cool down before storing them in an airtight container.
Take a cup filled with icing sugar and while stirring drip the lemon juice in. Take a brush and cover the cookies. After they have dried store them in an airtight container.
3. Knead 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder into the dough and place it in the fridge for half an hour.
4. Prepare the nut filling during this time:
Mix one cup of desiccated coconut, one cup of sugar, one egg white and 2 tablespoons of water together until a smooth paste is reached.
5. Continue with step five. Roll the cooled dough out into a long rectangular shape on a surface dusted with flour. The thickness and the width of the dough will determine the size of the spirals. Spread the coconut filling over the dough and roll it. You might need to half or third the dough to make it easier to handle. Wrap the roles in
cling wrap, and return to the fridge for half an hour.
6. Take the cooled rolls out of the fridge one after the other and cut them into 5mm thick slices. Organise these on a greased or baking paper lined tray and bake
them at 180C° Convert! in your preheated oven for 8-12 minutes.
7. Let the butter cookie spirals cool down completely before you store them in an
Newest cookie recipes: